Action Against Hunger USA
Action Contre la Faim (Action Against Hunger) has been conducting humanitarian programs in Somalia Since May 1992. Currently, Action Against Hunger is conducting its humanitarian activities in Somalia focused on treating and preventing malnutrition, increasing access to clean water and appropriate sanitation, strengthening the food-security and the livelihoods and thus boosting the resilience of communities in Somalia as well as emergency response via program bases in Somalia.
The Positions and Responsibilities:
Action Against Hunger Somalia is looking for a suitable Somali Nationals to fill the position of Supply Chain Officer. The position will be based in Mogadishu -Somalia. The Supply Chain Officer reports hierarchically & technically to the Head of Logistics Department.
The Supply Chain Officer‘s core responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
Mission 1: Supervise the order processing:
- Ensure updating and distribution of follow-up to orders and PRs;
- Follow deliveries to the programmes;
- Ensure proper archiving of documents concerning supplies and purchase dossiers.
- Facilitate timely processing of procurements
- Support the mission on audit-readiness by Supporting the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of procurement documentation as detailed in AAH KitLog logistics manual
Mission 2: Supervise the purchasing unit in the capital:
- Supervise the updating of the mission’s price catalogue;
- Guarantee the quality-price ratio of purchases and that the internal Kitlog procedures are respected;
- Ensure that the Action Against Hunger purchasing procedures are adhered to
- Ensure take lead on all UPBPRs for the mission
Mission 3: Supervise the capital’s stock management:
- Ensure that the warehouse conditions are satisfactory;
- Guarantee that the Kitlog’s storage procedures are respected.
Mission 4: Supervise the team
- Draw up a work plan;
- Delegate the activities and check that they are executed properly;
- Organise training sessions;
- Carry out appraisal interviews;
- Provide technical support to the team if necessary.
- Graduate in Logistics / Operational / Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or equivalent. Professional qualifications from accredited institutions such as CIPS an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of professional working experience in similar position & Humanitarian Logistics sector at managerial level specifically dealing with International procurement, Freight, Warehouse management
- Have a keen understanding of export processes and INCOTERMS in general
- A keen understanding of the Somalia context
- Demonstrate excellent logistics capacity assessment skills
- Demonstrate excellent negotiating skills
- Excellent communication skills & networking skills
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Coping with high workload, irregular working hours and sometimes challenging working environments.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Demonstrate team spirit
- Knowledge and adherence to Humanitarian Code of Conduct
- Somali National
Applications, should include a CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to be sent via email to:
email@example.com not later than 24 June 2019 clearly mentioning the position on the subject line.Supply Chain Officer-Mogadishu
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
This position is open to Somalia nationals